Thursday, November 3, 2011

Teusday Telling on Thursday... My Status Update

Teusday morning was met with a bit of nervousness on the part of my the Mom... and with an absent breakfast bowl on the part of the me! Though she tried to play nonchalent, the Mom had taken the day off from work in anticipation... And I was hoping that a Celebration was in store!
Many of you know that I was scheduled for a checkup and final treatment in My Protocol to Fight The Evil Disease. We made the trip across town, as the Mom sang two of the songs she has written about and for me [one to the tune of Big Bad John... tee hee, and the other to that song about The Grinch. It's amazing that she can make happiness out of those two melodies, but she has!]. Prayers were said. Stories were told. And I was reminded who I am:

'Sweet Boy', 'Wheety Boy', 'Bleu Bear', 'My Bayby'... Mind you, these are the things she calls me when she's not calling me by my nickname! [More on that later!]
The Mom and I thrive on Hope and Faith, but we weren't altogether surprised by the results we didn't want to hear. There's no doubt that my the Dr. Novosad was also sad to deliver the news...

I've slipped out of remission.

My lymph node in my right shoulder was enlarged, as were those under my chin. The enlargement wasn't dramatic, but enough for the Mom to notice, though she hoped it was just her paranoia.

After a thorough discussion, it was decided that I would begin a new protocol. With a healthy and high remission rate, the hope it offers is WAY worth the investment of my time. [This had already been well considered in the beginning of my diagnosis... so we were somewhat prepared. The time just came quicker than we had hoped.]

Tests were run to ensure my safety. I received my treatment. And then me and the Mom headed home... with me eating peanut butter cookies sporadically on our way! 
Teusday was a tiring day. I went home and rested and Reuf and the Mom left for training. By the time they got home, I was ready to get the evening started... and the Mom was relieved that I was feeling so well.

I have, since then, been a little lethargic. And I do mean a little. My appetite is good... I still dance for my meals! I'm drinking well, I'm always interested in going outside... for a time, I have just been a little 'chill', even at lunch today.

It bothers my the Mom when I don't greet her at the door, and then this afternoon... My The Sweet Judy [who greets me and tends to my care at SLVS] called to check on her The Sweet Bleu... and she seemed to be concerned about my 'chillness' too! So...

I greeted the Mom at the back door when she came in. I dawdled outside. I ate off the ground like a billygoat. And I came running inside when the Mom announced 'berry treats'!

I'm definitely feeling well today. As for why I've been feeling a bit 'down', you have to remember who I am. I'm the Bleu. I'm not a fan of change, and that includes the weather. I love the cool front, but I'm not crazy about the transition.
I'm happiest when I'm with my the Mom, when I'm at home, when I'm with The Herd and when I'm showered with love.
Time is my Treasure.
It's my Currency... and it is Gold.
I'm so not a boy who feels good about begging. I've always been a quiet fellow and comfortable that way. I never ever pictured myself in need, but here I am. My options for beating this are narrowing, and I need to pull out all the stops.

Please join Team Bleu. Please engage my The Love Protocol. Please to invoke the positive thoughts, well wishes and PRAYERS! We're fighting hard, and we appreciate Your Support!

24 comments:

Wrigley said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there and keep your doggy chin up.

Wags N Kisses,
Wrigley

houndstooth said...

We are sending you all our thoughts, good wishes and prayers! Please know that we are definitely on Team The Bleu!

Bunny

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Remember that we are charter members of Team Bleu. We are sending lots and lots of good wishes and nose kisses.

Love,
Tucker and the Daisy

Scout and Freyja said...

You are never far from our thoughts, sweet boy - NEVER. Our momma won the GRRH bracelet at the auction last night. She said she will wear it always - even in the bed - so she can be reminded to pray and pray and pray for you. We will wag tails and we will tell the c*ts to purr, which they will if they know what's good for them☺.

Sheila and Bob said...

Bleu, You have a great outlook and we know with your wonderful vet, the wonderful care and loving from the Mom and the pestering.... er.... we mean companionship of The Reufus you will come out on top.

Love Hamish & Sophie & Tucker
Sheila & Bob

Kristina Zambrano said...

my sweet sweet the bleu i came to send you many and a whole lots of goldens vibes for you ... and for your momma!

White Dog Blog said...

Sweet friend we cannot "Join" a team that we have been on all along! The White Dog Army marches fiercely at your side surrounding you with an energy shield of love, hope, strength, and understanding. You NEVER walk a single step of this fight alone...nor does The Mom.

Charlie said...

Yeu can deu it, buddy!
- Charlie

Morgan in Pittsburgh said...

Bleu, you have our moms prayers and thoughts, and we are sending you the Power of the PAW!
your pals, Morgan & Maisie

Unknown said...

The Hounds of Silverwalk prayed for Luke and now we pray for you, Bleu! Thanks to Scout and Freya, we know you are in need and our paws are lifted on your behalf. ARROOO!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
*˛˚ღ •˚ ˚..Sending lots of prayers and good vibes from all of us at Golden Pines!! Feel better!! ˚ ✰* ★
˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ♥"

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Dear Bleu, nice to meet you. We will keep our paws crossed that you will be well. No worries (especially for you), and love, Stella and Rory

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo KNOW we've got Pawsylvania khovered fur woo!

Please snuggle with The Mom fur us and from us!

Hugz&Khysses,
York County PA Team Bleu

How Sam Sees It said...

Anything you need, dear Bleu, we will give it to you. We are sending hugs, prayers, healing vibes, pawsitive thoughts and lots and lots of love!

Sam

The Heartbeats said...

Love and Hugs and positive thoughts...
from
the Heartbeats

Thor and Jack said...

We're sending you all lots of positive thoughts, good vibes, prayers, hugs and kisses!
Thor and Jack

D.K. Wall said...

Team Bleu. Team Bleu. Team Bleu. Team Bleu. Team Bleu. Team Bleu. One from each of us (with a couple of more from Kodiak & The Luke watching over us all).

Kari in Alaska said...

Sending positive vibes!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Piappies World said...

Count us in, Bleu! We got lots of paws here and we all cross them for you and your Mom.

Sending you our hugs and prayers! Team Bleu!!!!

Love,
Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Pai, Wai-Max & Forgie (Tabby, too)

Asta said...

Dawling Bleu
I just know you can beat this!
I am sending my most pawsitive vibes and good thoughts and healing smoochies to help you in youw fight!!!
Wea awe all wif you and delight in youw smile and youw appetite and evewy blessed moment
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Anonymous said...

The Bleu, I am Most Sorry to hear abouts that Bad C making a comeback but my mom and me are super happy to pawticipate in the Love Protocol! We are sending you our luvs all the way from Collie-rado. You're a strong, fine doggie, The Bleu, and you can beat this thing! We know you can!

Please to gives your The Mom some slurpy kisses from me, okay? Cuz I always gets the feeling that things like this are harder on the humans than on us.

Loving Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Dear Bleu
I am sending magic bubbles into the sky filled with prayers, healing, love and Miracles!!!
Expect a miracle- I do!
love
tweedles

Maxmom said...

Bleu and Bleu-Mommy
We are sending lots of love and warm thoughts from across the ocean. You are lifted up in our prayers. You are amazing in your positivity...
Please know that we love you and are with you in this big trial.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM AND THE GANG IN SOUTH AFRICA

ForPetsSake said...

You are in my thoughts, Bleu and Bleu's mom. We're sending you happy and healing thoughts of love. Many doggie snuggles, too!