My the Mom had a lot to do today, but she was able to do it all from right here at home with us. Not only was it chore day, but it was also extra work for work day, along with the never ending GRRH duties... And to be honest, today was also an energy recovery day for her!
You see... Very sadly, two of GRRH's Sweet Emma's Puppies escaped from their foster family's fence, just an hour before the mom was to transport them to the Meet and Greet yesterday!
LOST PUPPIES: Two females, mostly black with gold markings (stripes), 3 months old, 24 pounds. Last seen in the Houston Heights, Courtlandt at 20th Street. Mom is PB Golden. We desparately need to find these girls!!!
GRRH Volunteers, including my the Mom scoured the neighborhood on foot yesterday, morning and evening. Unfortunately, they weren't successful in finding the girls... We have to believe that they have been found and will be returned to us soon!
So anyway, the Mom is a LOT tired and a little dehydrated today, and she and I did a lot of standing around outside this morning and afternoon, trying to breathe in this 100+ degree heat and entertain ourselves while we monitored the whereabouts of the Reufus, as well as his business activities.
I found a nice stick, and half-heartedly tried to find not just interest but also joy in it...I settled in for a little of a chew, but honestly... it was just way too hot to really find it stickalicious. Just saying.
The Reufus, I guess, is too young to have a thermostat. He found his own stick and paraded around with it like it was a one-of-a-kind!
Then he tried to show us how he would smoke it, if it were a fine cigar [which it was not]!
Reuf is quite over-the-top delusional about his own fabulousness, and I sometimes wonder if he will ever come to terms with reality! I mean, he's got this gigantic ego and flaunts it 50% of the time, and the other 50% of the time, he's shadowing me.
I love the little squirt, but right now I'd like to give a big shout out and heart felt thank you to the person who invented the dog crate! No hard feelings, but just saying.
On another note, we had a 30% chance of rain today. And since we are in a record drought, we approached the forecast with 70% skepticism and 30% hope!
And when it started thundering this afternoon, I was a little shocked. I mean, this is the first we have heard since... well, you know.The good news is that we had several hours of thunder and one tiny little storm [not tiny by The Luke standard] with about 114 drops of rain, that passed directly overhead... and the Reuf did pretty well. He got a bit anxious when it was right overhead, but the mom played a game of distraction... and we're not even sure Reuf's actions had anything to do with the weather!
It's time to go nighty-night, but I will leave you with this photo, entitled...
The Bleu Pointer