Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Facts, "Fireworks", Fun and Fund Raising

Some of you know that I took a sudden and unexpected trip to see The Doctor Mark this week...
And I enjoyed a little time away from the perpetually attention seeking little BOTHER ( sp intended) while away from the Reufus, I had a bit of time to relish the attention of both the Mom AND the Doctor Mark...  
And I guess in the course of my enthusiasm, I might have said some things on FaceBook that worried some of you. From the bottom of my heart, I apologize. And if it hasn't already been invented, I would like to invent the term... TIC!!! [tongue in cheek!]
And now for the FACTS:
  1. I had a hard bump on my left ear. Doctor Mark determined it to be an adenoma... too small to remove surgically.
  2. Doctor Mark recommended cryosurgery " i.e. 'freeze it off' ", and he advised me and the mom of the process and results (familiar to both of us) and we agreed. Let's do this thing!
  3. Doc also... didn't just give me a "twice over", but examined my mouth, toofies and took advantage of my docile nature... and looked deep down my throat. [I hope the over-the-top-loving-mildly-paranoid-hypochondriac-the-mom is satisfied... and yet, I know she still has her doubts and worries.] 
  4. I also got me a pedicure!
The spot on my ear is forming a blister, then I'll get a series of scabs. There will be hair loss initially, but it should grow back with time. Basically, I am counting my lucky stars and have no reason to complain or seek sympathy... but I share my the Mom with the ever-attention-seeking Reufus. And sometimes I do something puppyish, something spiteful, something hard-of-hearing... just to re-capture a bit of FOCUS!

I am really feeling great. There is no need to worry. And still, I would appreciate any help you can give me in milking this incident! Please?!

FIREWORKS!

OK, maybe not real fireworks... But this morning, we were surprised with two gorgeous blooms on our The Night Blooming Cereus!
We had two blooms this morning, and we truly celebrate them like fireworks...!
FUN...

One thing fun about this photo is that... there is something about my face, my expression, my stance... that reminds my the Mom of Our The Luke. I think I see it, too...

But then again, this is my sore ear... Just saying.

And here I am, turning the other cheek...
And now the REUFUS plays our FUN GAME... "what the Bleu deu, the Monkey deu" R1
"what the Bleu deu, the Monkey deu" R2
"what the Bleu deu, the Monkey deu" R3
"what the Bleu deu, the Monkey deu" R4
And now here's another fun moment where my delusional [or is she?] the mom thinks I am taking on the looks of my brother, The Luke...
She may be right, or she may be crazy. Feel free to weigh in... As for me, I'm honored!

FUNDRAISER!!!


Featuring Hand Crafted Jewelry for the Animal Lover
25% of the Daily Proceeds on June 10, 2011
Will be Donated to GRRH!
Shop the many beautiful bracelets, keeping upcoming holidays, special occasions, friends, family... and yourself in mind! Honor your loved ones by customizing a charm... and wear it with pride, because you've helped save a Golden in need!
Bracelets come in a wide variety of themes, colors and finishes... and almost all are customizable!!!

Please visit our website... and mark your calendar! And next Friday... SHOP TIL YOU DROP!!!


12 comments:

White Dog Blog said...

Glad that you are not seriously having medical issues. Hope everything is back to normal soon (but not before you are amply pacified with treats and extra attention)!

My brother Quinn is plagued by the new bro' YoYoMa who plays that same follow at his side and copy everything game. It drives TOWD CRAZY!

The jewelry party sounds like fun...and I will talk momma into doing a bit of gift shopping on the 10th (just a note in the post you refer to July 10 at one link and I think you mean June...don't want anyone to miss out)!

Sheila and Bob said...

Bleu, you do have the Luke look in those photos, but that's the great thing about Goldens, so many of you guys look very much alike.
It's cute that the Reufus follows you and does what you do, he is just a little boy trying his hardest to do what he thinks is right and to fit in. He looks up to you Bleu, you are a role model.
Pretty Flower and the jewelry looks very nice, hope your rescue has a very successful event.


Hamish & Sophie

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Sheila and Bob are so right!! I'm glad you're okay!! One thing I found about rescued Goldens is that they are all unique and individual and all have hearts of pure gold, and are great mentors to those like Reufus!

I also hope the fundraiser goes well so the rescue can keep doing what it does best!!

Enjoy your weekend!

D.K. Wall said...

So glad that you are ok. And we love the "Bleu deu, Reu Deu" series.

houndstooth said...

What the Bleu do, the Reu do! BOL! I laughed so hard I nearly rolled off the couch! I'm glad you're okay. I have heard that ear blisters can be extremely painful and should be treated with servings of Frosty Paws. (I hope that helps you if The Mom reads it.)

I don't know if I think you look like The Luke, but I do think you're one handsome guy!

Bunny

How Sam Sees It said...

Mom's heading over to visit Three Scoops of Vanilla. We are glad to here the Bleu is doing well, we worry too much about our boys too, but aren't they worth that much worry?

...and Bleu, the Reu thinks you are kind of a special guy and wants to be like you. It is very sweet!

Sam

♥I am Holly♥ said...

The Bleu, you should milk going to the vet for all it's worth! It is a worrisome trip everytime and it takes days or weeks to get over. Since you had something taken off, you will need weeks of golden love!! You do look very much like The Luke and maybe he has slipped back here into you if you know what I'm saying!! We will go shopping and see what we can find and we are glad you are home for lots of golden loving and tummy rubs. Lots of love, Holly & Mom

the booker man said...

mr. the bleu!

i'm not on the facebooks cuz my mama won't let me, but i'm glad to hear that you are a-okay after your V-E-T trip! oh, and miss bunny's totally right, by the way...those ear blister booboos so need lots 'n lots of frosty paws. heehee.
i guess i can kinda understand about reufus cuz, well, sometimes my big sis asa has puppyish moments about me bein' an attentions hog, too. hmmmph.
those bracelets are pretty! my mama would really like one, i bet, so i better get daddy to help me look at them. heehee.

*woof*
the booker man

pee s -- i do think you kinda look like mr. the luke in that first pic!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We are happy to hear that all is well with The Bleu. And we do think you would miss the Reu if he weren't following you around:)

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

1000 Goldens said...

Bleu - we are so glad everything is okay with you, and that you got a thorough check up while you were there. Sure hope your ear heals fast buddy!

Scout and Freyja said...

Bleu, our momma is drooling over those bracelets! She hopes you remind us all about the sale AGAIN.

Good to know that your ear is feelin' betters. BUT, don't be too quick to tell the mom. You don't want to rush your recovery.

Scout and Freyja said...

Our momma just had an idea - imagine that! She is gonna feature your auction on her bloggy and on her facebook page on the 9th and 10th! Come one - come all!