We are safely home from a wonderful session at Campo Blanco, where we greatly missed our The Luke. The Mom was moist to leaky about the eyeballs, both before and during our stay there... The Luke loved his trips to Wimberley. We felt his enthusiasm, and proudly displayed his banner outside the bedroom that we often shared!And now to tell the story of our trip... Please grab a cool drink, take a potty break and otherwise make yourself comfortable...
TRANSPORTATION.We had resolved ourselves to book the trip in the temporary rental trolley, and at the very last minute... Our Forever Trolley was made "whole"! We were a bit nervous, but decided to go ahead and book it for a long route. [This story is actually a rollercoaster of yes no yes no yes no yes no yes no... but I've saved you from the angst.]
DAY 1. Saturday, July 2. The trolley packed and boarded, our first scheduled stop was to pick up my the Aunt Madison and my Cousin (twin brother) Cane! Seating arrangements were as follows: The very back was mine. Reuf and Cousin Cane were in the middle seat. Aunt Madison rode shotgun and the Mom, of course, drove. Our trolley was booked solid, so a supplemental trolley was put into action, featuring Mister T as driver of his six passengers.
- Reuf chewed through one leather handle on the mom's duffle.
- Reuf chewed through Cousin Cane's leather leash.
- Reuf ate a Texas map.
- Reuf chewed a hole in the sheet covering the seat.
- Reuf chewed an emergency leash.
- Reuf celebrated the mid-point of the trip... with two pink treats (aka benadryl!)
- Relief and Joy... It's time to Relax!!! Let the festivities begin!
- OOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO....
- Atlas and Cane made a run to the river. Quick scan of the river below our bluff... and they're not there!
- Uncle T takes off to hike the river in search.
- The Mom decides to drive the road. Luckily, she finds them as they beg to be let into a house down the road. Cane hops in quickly. Atlas disappears for a bit, but is finally found again... and coaxed into the trolley.
- BAD boys are delivered back home. And the Mom goes back to walk the river in search for Uncle T.
- She returns back and decides to drive down to the bridge... but Uncle T is within eyesight of Campo Blanco. He is incredibly relieved to learn that the bad have returned to the fold.
- Everyone but Reufus is tired.
- Pictured here, before Reuf peed on the bleu rug... is Buddy!
And who knew at the time... but the Reuf kicked off the great rug washing event of 2011 for the Mom! I had choice words to call him, but the Mom reprimanded me and so I edit... "monkey bird"!
Stay tuned for more Mischief, Fun and Our Cast of Characters! Fewer Words... More Photos!