Thursday, November 11, 2010

Wheu's Birthday??? Bleu's Birthday!!!

Born in Mississippi eight years ago on November 11, 2002, I stand before you today... with a party hat on my sweet head!
The hats were my idea, and I made sure mine fit my personality and enhanced my good looks!


And in typical the Luke style, he picked an upside down ice cream cone! I'm sure he wasn't mocking the fact that I am allergic to dairy... but now that I think of it, he kept chanting "ice cream ice cream ice cream". Hmmmm.
And as a BIG SURPRISE, my Cousins Zeke and Rizzo hopped the bus to attend My Big Celebration!
Leave it to my pal, Zeke, to honor me with his Bleu's Cleu's party hat! And Curious George on Rizzi... well, that's just SO Rizzi!!!

They were a little late making it over, because their Mom (Our Aunt Karen) was unexpectedly at home this morning. I should have known something was up, because Luke was pacing... He was relieved and I was excited when they arrived!

We celebrated by watching a movie... Bleus Brothers, of course. We ate bleuberry treats, and we finished with a few hands of poker! We little bit lost track of time, so Luke had to whisk the Cousins off to the bus stop before Mom got home!

When the Mom got home, it was getting a bit dark (time change) and I was already a little tired.
I tried my best to look excited to see her, and to wear my birthday bandana...
but I was a little worried that I still had 'hat head'.... and I was finding it difficult to make eye contact.
I guess we were ALL tired, because the Mom asked no questions. She just loved on me and sang to me and catered to my whims... what few there were!
My favorite part of the evening was treat time!
As much as we indulged with Zeke and Rizzi...

Luke and I upheld the oath of dogs all over the world. You know the one... "I will do my best to do my duty to express my appreciation to my people so that they will recognize that there is no such thing as too many treats."
More of my Multi-Day Birthday Celebration tomorrow, but until then...

Everyday should be, really... but today is a day when we pause to reflect on the debt of gratitude we owe Our Military Veterans! From the bottom of my heart, thank you to all who have and continue to serve and protect our country, so that we can live in peace and safety.

Long live the USA. Long live the Red, White and Bleu!

7 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Happy BLEU Day!

Pawesome and GReat pikhs handsome ones!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Bleu!!!

Sounds like your pawty was a blast!! Especially da poker game! BOL

MinnaK

Sheila and Bob said...

Happy Birthday Bleu and many many more.
We wish we could have joined you but Sophie is still on the mend (getting a teensy weensy bit better every day).
We are so glad you had a fun day with friends and you looked marvelous in your party hat ,(no evidence of hat head ).
We thank you for making a point to Thank our Military veterans and those in harms way today.
God Bless the U.S.A.

Hamish & Sophie

The Daily Pip said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love your birthday bandana!!!

Your pal, Pip

How Sam Sees It said...

You look very handsome in your birthday bandana!

Sam

Scout and Freyja said...

How handsome you were in your PAWty hat! Yesh, it is an unspoken code - never tell about how many treats you've had - never - because a treat is a treat is a treat. It's OK to try to tell the momma that she FURgot to feed you supper sometimes, too. Doesn't work alla' the time but it does sometimes and we go to bed filled to the brim with foodables and happiness☺

♫Happy Birthday to Bleu♫

Casper Bear said...

Happy Birthday Wishes Bleu! Hope you had a GREEEEAAT day! Loved the party hats and the bandana. Pictures are soooooo good!
Lotsa Licks
Your Pal
Casper Bear