I learned a lot about Life from my brother, The Luke... some funny stuff, some ever-so-slightly wicked stuff... and a whole bunch about Treasures, because Treasures were his thing!
Like The Luke, I love Life! And when you love it, you must also embrace its Stuff. And lately, I've been given cause to reflect on such matters, and just for fun... I've begun assigning Sizes to The Stuff. There are no calipers, no scale, no higher math... just what I scientifically refer to as The Bleu Scale.
Many of you know that I went to see my The Doctor Mark a few weeks ago, with some very minor swelling in the lymph nodes in my neck. The Mom might also have told you that tests revealed a diagnosis of lymphosarcoma.
I'm not sure what that is, but for me... it sounds like a challenging DWTB [Dancing With The Bleu] dance move. I can meet this challenge... for it is no match for The Bleu! The Mom is far more worried and concerned and far more calculating in her approach, but then... that is what makes her the Mom.
More later on such Stuff, with help from her. Old gal and I are like a loving the mom with her sweet boy and though I view Life as a Dancer...
I sometimes think my the mom views us as a trainer and a prize fighter! It's all very complicated, and I am just happy she is on My Team!!! I pity the poor enemy, that despised and evil c!
In spite of all rumors to the contrary... Little Reufus... ::ARE YOU SITTING DOWN???:: ... is set to graduate from 'Beyond Basic' next Thursday night! Picture me, rubbing my eyes and pinching myself... to make sure this is not a dream! Heh heh...
As a review, here is a list of what he has learned:
- Self Control / Focus / Pass By. Remain keyed into your person and ignore dogs in your space.
- Heel. Varying Speeds. Quick Sits. Reverses.
- Sit / Stay. Lay / Stay. Pretty good in a vacuum. Still hard at distance when distractions are involved. [Reuf grabs the toy on his way to split second recall, every single time]
- A Frame. Agility Obstacle. Left and Right approach, and the ever so hard... call away.
- Tunnel. Left and right approach.
- Bridge. Left and right approach.
- Hoop Jump.
- Jumps/Hurdles. Bunny Hop. Left and right approach.
- Tire Jump. Left and right approach.
- Ladder walk. Varying Heights.
- Rocker Bar / Boogie Board / Teeter Totter. Maintain Sit until Release.
- Unstable Disk... i.e. round platform with ball underneath that renders 360 degrees of instability. Maintain Sit until Release.
- Spin. Spin in clockwise direction.
- Twist. Twist in counterclockwise direction.
- Wave. Ain't happening. He is NOT going to wave.
- Roll Over. He's getting close to being really good at this.
- Legs. Figure 8 around the legs. He's not great at it, but he will be... soon.
Saturday morning, Reufus laid down by the Mom... not on top of her, not pushing her, but just beside her. He was quiet and still. He didn't bite, scratch or bruise the Mom. He didn't chew on the furniture. He didn't try to chew or swallow any other thing. He just laid there, alert... but calm. He acted for about three minutes... like a normal boy!
Now... I'm not sure about how Life's Stuff is sized... This might be scaled M or... XXXL! Perspective is EVERYthing. Just saying.
Though I labelled it XXXL then, I give it an S now... Wednesday night was full of thunder, lightning, wind and TWO drops of rain. We lost power at 745pm and it didn't come back on until 115am.
It was hot (though I had a battery operated fan on me). It was dark. And there was nothing to do. The worst part, by far, was being trapped with the manic the Mom. Just saying.
Then, there are the things that seem so XS individually... but are really XXXXL in importance and enjoyment:
People Food Bits.
Extra Night Outings.
Getting "Tucked In".
Shmuggles and Shpoonings.
Random Times with The Herd.
I love Life. I know I must fight the bad, while basking in The Good. I'm up for the challenge, and I've signed the best and most trusted agent I could ever hope to have represent my interests... my the Mom. More on the fight later, today I bask in The Abundance of Good Stuff!!!
Before I close, however, my the Mom would like to ask for your prayers, positive energy and healing thoughts. The Love Protocol lives on! Please join Team Bleu!